We are an Xcel Energy Insulation Rebate Program Registered Contractor.
Minnesota Home Insulation Rebates
If your home doesn’t have adequate insulation, you may be losing up to 25% of your heating or cooling energy. Installing or upgrading your home’s insulation is one of the best investments you can make to lower your energy bill. Include air sealing and weather-stripping with your project to increase the benefits.
Rebates for insulation are equal to 20% of the total cost of the project, including installation, up to $300 for qualified projects.
You’ll benefit from adding insulation because:
- Properly insulated homes cost less to operate and they use less energy and that’s good for the environment.
- Our rebate program lowers the initial cost of the improvement.
You qualify if you’re a customer whose primary residential heating fuel is supplied by Xcel Energy. Specifically, this means:
- If the primary heating source in your home is a natural gas furnace or boiler, then you must be an Xcel Energy residential natural gas customer to participate.
- If the primary heating source in you home is an electric baseboard or an electric boiler, then you must be an Xcel Energy residential electricity customer to participate.
How to Get Started
- Call MN: 952-985-5458 | CO: 720-456-8218, BullDog Contractors is an Xcel Energy Registerd Contractor
- Purchase and install new, qualifying insulation between January 1 and December 31.
- Download the rebate application or ask your installing contractor for the paperwork.
- Complete and mail the application by July 31, (include your dated invoice). It takes about six weeks to receive a rebate check.
Eligible installations include:
- Air sealing and weather stripping
- Attic insulation and bypass sealing where existing insulation is:
- R-20 or less to an R-value of 44 or greater.
- R-21 or more to at least R-25 higher than existing.
- Wall insulation must have:
- Empty wall cavity.
- Post R-value of 12 or more.
Eligible Installations Exclude:
- New construction
- Insulating doors
- Mobile homes
- Sound proofing applications
Insulation contractors must be bonded and insured. If you install the insulation yourself, you will not qualify for a rebate. If you have any questions on our Insulation Rebates, call Exel Energy at 1-800-895-4999.